1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
The purpose of the SEVIS I-901 Fee is to support the program office and the automated system that keeps track of students and exchange visitors and ensures that they maintain their status while in the United States. The SEVIS I-901 Fee MUST be paid BEFORE your visa interview appointment. Proof of payment will be required at the visa interview. You must bring your receipt to the interview and carry it with your I-20 when you travel to the United States.
COST: $200 USD
HOW TO PAY THE SEVIS FEE:
1. By Internet at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/index.htm (at least 3 days before you go to your
visa interview appointment).
• Complete Form I-901 online and pay by credit or debit card.
• Print your receipt to take to the visa interview.
2. By Western Union Quick Pay (provides immediate proof of payment).
• Pay with cash in your local currency at any participating Western Union location.
• Visit the webpage at ICE http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_instr.htm site for specific
3. By Mail (allow at least 33 days for mailing and processing with Air Mail option or at least 14
days with Expedited Delivery by Courier).
• You may download and print the I-901 form and instructions for payment by mail at
• You must include payment by check or money order in U.S. dollars and drawn on a bank
located in the U.S.
• Send by Air Mail or Expedited Delivery by Courier for an additional fee of $30.00.
4. By Spring International Language Center (SILC).
• Submit the $200 SEVIS fee payment to SILC.
• SILC will pay the SEVIS Fee for you online and email the receipt to you.
• In order for SILC to handle this process for you, we must have both the SILC application
fee of $125 and the SEVIS fee of $200 (Total $325).
5. A friend or relative may pay the fee for you using any of the above options. You must have the
receipt BEFORE your visa interview appointment.
NOTE: This fee CANNOT be paid at the U.S. Embassy. It must be paid by one of the five methods above.
Please visit the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement webpage for further information about the I-901 SEVIS fee.
Spring International Language Center (SILC) at the University of Arkansas is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) and continues to uphold the highest standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. The Commission on English Language Program Accreditation is recognized by the United States Department of Education. SILC is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.